Email marketing, or e-marketing, is one of the easiest and most efficient ways of marketing online, if it is done correctly. Effective email campaigns will attract your reader’s attention and with an eye catching subject line, sustain it, with interesting, well written text, leading them to follow your call to action. By using a few simple email marketing strategies and effective email management, you can save yourself time and effort and ensure that more of your emails will be opened, read and responded to.
1. Resend the email to those who didn’t open it the first time
If you use a good auto responder like AWeber, or any other email marketing software, you will be able to see which of your subscribers did not open any email that you have sent. Simply change the subject line and send it to these people again.
2. Use a PS
Always use a PS at the bottom. Recap the benefits of what you are offering or suggesting and include the link, or your call to action.
3. Devise and stick to your follow up formula
· For the first 7 to 14 days, write daily and then at least once a week after that, plus broadcast messages.
· Recommended ratios for value to pitch are about 2:1 or 3:1.
· You need to build a relationship so that they feel they can trust you. This will make them more likely to buy from you at a later stage.
4. Follow these fundamental business email strategies
· Use informal but not over familiar language
· Only have one call to action in each email, but include the link several times
· Make your links really stand out, by embedding them between tram lines, using either the hyphen or equals signs
· Remember to use the post script, PS, see point 2 above.
· Put a few blank lines between the final line of your email, and the unsubscribe option to avoid accidental unsubscribes
· Stick to a maximum of about 250 words
5. Use killer subject lines
Once you have established a good relationship, people will read any follow up emails just because they are from you, but until that point, you will need to make sure that you have a great subject line. Here are some hot tips for you.
· Use mixed case for emphasis, as CAPITALS draw the eye and add emphasis
· Use brackets and… A run of dots gives the idea that there is more to come and will appeal to curiosity
· Make use of the personalisation parameters in your auto responder. This can increase your success rate by over 20% according to AWeber statistics
6. Send at the best time for your reader
It makes sense to time your business emails to arrive at the best possible time for your audience and this alone can increase open rates by 20% according to AWeber statistics. Aim for around 8 a.m their time for maximum results, or a Sunday afternoon.